I believe in giving more than my best to my students and have now completed reading all the new texts! Yes all seven of them! What is more I am giving unprecedented discounts to those who will be calling me for the first time for Lit and Humanities tuition for O- and N-level exams. The offer lasts till end of April. Hurry as places are limited! For a sample of the areas covered, I have chosen Pygmalion by George Bernard Shaw. In my sessions on the book, the areas covered are as follows:
- key insights on George Bernard Shaw, the playwright, activists and self-anointed saviour of society
- a brief outline of his colourful and eventful life, focusing on his creed and the various causes he championed and supported.
- a close insightful study of issues raised in the play such as the social divide, class conflict, transformation, the status of women, gender issues, etc
- theme tracking
- insightful and profound comments and interpretations of the play, plot, characterisation, themes and issues
- language and wordplay in the text and many others ( some of which are my trade secrets)
Last but not least I role-model a lot to show them how to analyse questions, and answer them. I do impart certain secret skills to give them that edge in the exams and of course for most of my students, I teach them sentence skills and essay organisation as well because in the final analysis, Lit students need to write very well.